Brain teasers and logic puzzles are a fantastic way to give your brain a quick workout—and some of the simplest-looking riddles are the ones that catch us completely off guard!
The “6 Eggs Riddle” is a perfect example. At first glance, it looks like a straightforward subtraction problem. You see three actions involving the number 2, so it is tempting to add them together and conclude that all 6 eggs are gone.
But there’s a clever little twist hiding in the wording.
Here’s the riddle:
“I have 6 eggs. I broke 2, fried 2, and ate 2. How many eggs are left?”
Did you immediately think 0?
If so, you’re definitely not alone! But under the usual interpretation of this riddle, the answer is 4 eggs.
Let’s break down exactly why.
The Answer: 4 Eggs
The key to solving this puzzle is realizing that the same 2 eggs can be broken, fried, and eaten.
The riddle does not say:
I broke 2 eggs.
Then I fried 2 different eggs.
Then I ate 2 more different eggs.
Instead, it describes a sequence:
.png)
